The Cana Rescue Home is a place where deprived girls call home. The home provides the necessary facilitates for the girl child to have proper health, mental, social and spiritual growth.
The home provides adequate, well prepared, wholesome and nutritious food which is suitable for the girls’ needs.
The home also makes sure that the girls have access to fresh drinking water at all times. We ensure that any special dietary needs of a child are accommodated in the home, whether due to health, religious or cultural persuasions. Reasonable preferences of each girl including footwear and personal necessities are met. She is then provided with a comfortable bed and suitable beddings.
The home has a sufficient number of washbasins, baths, showers and lavatories. The kitchen is well equipped with kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery and utensils. There’s also adequate communal space for sitting, recreation, and dining. The educational needs of the girl are catered for as well as their gaming needs to suit all ages accommodated in the home.
There are classrooms and study rooms as well.
Our aim is to provide hope and a home for the girl child who is subjected to a lot of maltreatment oppression and discrimination in East Pokot District.
Our Goal is to reduce physical pain, loss of life, emotional and psychological torture experienced by girls and women within East Pokot District.
To empower the girl child and women in East Pokot District to uplift their own living standards, raise healthy families and participate positively in nation building.
Our motto: “Love and Service”
- To provide a safe and secure environment for the girl child which enables empowerment, self-esteem, self-confidence and personal responsibility towards self and other.
- To accommodate, care, equip and empower the girl-child to become master of her own destiny.
- To meet the basic physical needs of eh girl in CGRH.
- To equip and manage the staff appropriately enabling them to offer proper and compassionate care to the children, and where applicable to the girl’s families.
- To work toward reunification of the girl-child and her family where possible.